If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday 1 December 2012

New addition to my sewing fleet

Singer Featherweight 222K

Before he passed away my Dad had bought a lovely Singer 222K Featherweight. He loved to collect antique sewing items as he knew how much I love them.  Mum delivered it to me at the end of last week and I have been getting to know it. The 222K is a free arm machine and you can also drop the feed dogs for darning if you want to. It sews a perfect 1/4 inch seam and I practised sewing some of the Easy Street Mystery quilt pieces.(Will post my photos of my progress there tomorrow) The 222K's were made in Scotland and this one was made in 1961. It is in superb condition and all of the decals are perfect.
Free Arm on Singer 222K

Decal on back of HandWheel
Jo has sent me a photo of her lovely table runner she made  using my Rangoli 10 Minute Table Runner Variation pattern and stitched using Persian Circles design by Designs By Sick .
Jo's Rangoli 10 Minute Table Runner Variation

Jo's Rangoli 10 Minute Table Runner Variation

2 comments:

  1. Vicki your 222k is gorgeous. I have one and love to use her everyday. What a wonderful way to remember our Dad while you sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becci
    Yes it is going to be a real treasure. I am trying to figure out a way of using a type of tray table with legs to slide under the couch so that I can sit on the couch, watch TV and sew.

    ReplyDelete